ZIMRA uses a program called Automated Systems for Customs Data (ASYCUDA) World for all its customs processes.
To transact on ASYCUDA World?
- Download Profile Request Form
- Complete all the details and have the Profile Request Form signed by management. The form also has to be stamped with a valid company stamp.
- Ensure e-mail address submitted is valid as you will be advised of username and password through e-mail.
Read below to learn more about ASYCUDA.
ASYCUDA is a system designed to help countries automate Customs processes on the importation/exportation of goods and compile accurate trade statistics. The ASYCUDA system has been adopted as the official Customs Computer System in the COMESA region and is being used by several member states. Zimbabwe started using the ASYCUDA system for all commercial transactions during the 1991/1992 period.
The ASYCUDA System has evolved through technological developments from one version to another until in 2001 when the country started using ASYCUDA version 3.0, better known as ASYCUDA++. Zimbabwe was the first country in the COMESA region to migrate to ASYCUDA++. ASYCUDA++ is built in a modular environment and incorporates the Selectivity (Risk Management) Module and Customs Broker Module where clients can register declarations from the comfort of their offices, among other things. Clients using the Customs Broker Module can also monitor their payments for their importations.
ZIMRA is the first revenue authority in the COMESA region to migrate to ASYCUDA World and this has drawn a lot of interest from other countries within the region.
ASYCUDA World is the latest ASYCUDA software in the global market built upon the successful experiences of ASYCUDA++. It is a Web based system where
- Customs and trader transactions are handled via internet and/or intranet
- You can get access anywhere in the world
- No client software is implemented.
- The following are some of the functionalities of ASYCUDA World:
- Trade facilitation (faster clearance of goods at ports of entry)
- Enhanced system controls (shift from paper based control to electronic)
- Intelligent electronic Risk Management System that is updated periodically
- Easy compilation of trade statistics
- Interfacing with other government and international organisations
- Automation of all/most Customs processes
- Use of non-intrusive search and transit monitoring methods
- Easy navigation of the system on the website/webpage
ASYCUDA World is a versatile and portable system built around the java environment. The system can be hooked with other systems and/or other equipment. The major aim of the system is to streamline Customs procedures and enhance systems controls while eliminating the need of human interventions during operations. The general features of the system that will be taken on board (through medium to long-term are as follows
- Biometrics login (including electronic-signatures)
- E-Commerce capable (possible to link with government departments. Permits can be marked off online)
- Use of non-intrusive goods clearance functionalities (possible to attach files/pictures/scans)
- Paperless office (e-documents)
- E-banking/Internet banking
- Easy navigation around the system
- Easy copy and paste of data during declaration completion
- Easy to save/retrieve declaration on local machine
Basic Business Requirements
The following are the minimal requirements that have to be met when one wants to use ASYCUDA World via the internet.
- Internet connectivity of at least 1MB (broadband technology)
- Computer memory (RAM) of at least 1GB
- Processor 2.5ghz
- Hard disk free space at least 80GB
- Any type of laser printer
Benefits of the system to the business world
The ASYCUDA World system has brought about many benefits to the business world in that:
- Geographical boundaries as to the registration of entries have been removed
- Managers can supervise their office work whilst they are on vacation as long as they have internet connectivity
- Unlike ASYCUDA++, the system can use any type of laser printers
- Long term benefits to the business is the investment on advanced network and hardware technology
- The desire of the Authority is to go paperless hence there will not be any need to carry papers during commercial transactions. Once declaration has been registered onto the Customs server where supporting documents are electronically attached, processing starts there and then hence there will be faster clearance times
- Added security log in when biometrics are used
ASYCUDA World project status
All stations except Chiredzi are now using ASYWORLD
The following functions are available in ASYWORLD
- Declaration processing (both commercial and private importations)
Requirements for transacting in ASYCUDA World?
Minimal hardware and network requirements
- Apply for usernames for each employee using Profile Request Forms (available at local stations)
- ZIMRA will send e-mail on usernames together with seat notes on log in procedures, change of password procedures and Bill of Entry Completion.
- Client has to login using an internet browser to http://asy.zimra.co.zw/asy where control files are transferred from the server to the local machine
- Log in screen later appears for the client to log into the system