Our core values are Integrity, Transparency,Fairness, Innovativeness, Commitment
- We commit ourselves to meeting the following minimum standards in our service delivery:
- Answer the telephone promptly and courteously.
- Acknowledge all correspondence within 48 hours and respond in 14 working days.
- All objections will be determined and the decision communicated to clients within 60 days from the date of receipt of the letter of objection.
- All members of the public who call at our inland offices will be attended to within 15 minutes of arrival.
- Upon meeting requirements for VAT or PAYE, clients will be registered within one working day.
- Upon meeting requirements for Customs, commercial consignments will be cleared within three working hours from the submission of correct and complete documentation unless selected for physical examination.
- Income Tax assessments will be issued within three months from the date the correct return is submitted.
- All passengers on a flight will be cleared within two hours.
- A bus load with bona-fide travellers will be cleared within an hour.
- Physical examination of road, air and containerised cargo will be done within 48 hours.
ZIMRA’s Obligations to Clients
- We are accountable to the nation of Zimbabwe.
- We shall conduct our business within the confines of the Law.
- We do not tolerate smuggling, tax evasion, corruption, favouritism and discrimination.
- We are here to serve you and we are open to your suggestions, criticisms and advice.
- We shall carry out our duties professionally, diligently and courteously.
- We shall clearly explain the procedure and your rights should you be required to undergo a physical search.
- We promise to handle your information with strict confidence and to maintain your privacy.
- We are committed to minimising your compliance costs.
- We shall carry or wear the proper identification at all times as we carry out our duties.
We are committed to providing proactive client education which includes:
- Making relevant information available to clients, orally and in the print/electronic media as well as on our website (www.zimra.co.zw).
- Making available pamphlets, posters and relevant material.
- Access to a Client Care staff member at any station.
In return, the Zimbabwe Revenue Authority requires you to comply with all relevant laws, by providing accurate and complete information. More specifically:
- To treat our staff fairly and with courtesy.
- To submit statutory returns and make payments due within the required time.
- To be open and honest in providing any additional information that may be requested.
- To be fully co-operative in all business dealings with the Zimbabwe Revenue Authority.
- To report and refrain from corrupt tendencies in all dealings with the Zimbabwe Revenue Authority.
- To ensure that you have accurately completed all the necessary forms before departure from or arrival into Zimbabwe.
- To be aware that all travellers, baggage or cargo are subject to physical examinations.
- To use the services of a licensed clearing agent if you are importing or exporting commercial cargo. The list of licensed clearing agents can be accessed on our website (www.zimra.co.zw).
Remember, it is your right to see the next senior member of staff on duty or the head of the station if you are not satisfied with the level of service delivery from any staff member of the Authority.